Birth control pills are designed to prevent unwanted pregnancy for women who do not want to conceive and to regulate hormonal levels. A typical woman is fertile and can conceive children for approximately 40 years of her life, so it is important that, if she does not want to become pregnant, she selects a contraceptive method that is comfortable and appealing to her lifestyle in order to prevent pregnancy.
How does Aviane Birth Control work?Aviane is a mixture of birth control tablets. It includes levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol which are two types of the feminine hormones also called progesterone and estrogen. Used mainly to avoidunwanted pregnancy, the two hormones work by:
1. Avoiding ovulation
2. Thickening of the cervical mucus, making it hard for the sperm to reach the egg
3. Preventing the egg from affixing to the uterus
To use Aviane efficiently, start taking the tablets on the first Sunday after your periods begins. Continue taking them for twenty-one days, and after that period, take the placebo tablets. You will get your monthly periods after this time. If it does not happen, there is a possibility you became pregnant if you had sexual intercourse, so you must take a pregnancy test. Start a new pack only when you finish the placebo tablets.
What to remember when taking Aviane Birth Control pills
Though contraceptives are an effective way of avoiding pregnancy, there are certain things you need to remember when starting this type of medication:
1. Aviane should not be if you are pregnant, as there are chances of birth defects.
2. Contraceptives should not be taken by lactating mothers.
3. They need to be avoided by persons who have had a history of stroke, blood related problems like, circulation problems, blood clots, uterus cancer, heavy vaginal bleeding or jaundice due to birth control pills.
4. When taking Aviane contraceptives for the first time, there should always be some other birth control method for backup (Ex: condoms).
5. Contraceptives could have negative side effects such as blood clots, stroke or cardiac arrest. The chances are higher if there is history of smoking and over the age of 35.
All women and families should have complete control over if and when they want to become parents. Making decisions about contraception methods is not easy. Reading about birth control methods you can use to prevent unwanted pregnancies and talking with your doctor are some of the best ways to get started. It’s important to note that most birth control methods, including Aviane birth control pills do not provide much protection against STDs. If you’re having sex, you can protect yourself from STDs by using a condom every time.